Data Quality Engineer
We are a dynamic team with great offices in Singapore, London, Bangkok, Jakarta and Sydney, serving our great customers worldwide. We’re expanding fast and are looking for a passionate and driven Data Quality Engineer to join our global tech team in Singapore.
As a Data Quality Engineer, your role is to develop procedures to enhance the accuracy and integrity of our organisation's data. You will also be performing data analysis, and collaborating with data engineers and scientists to prepare data analysis.
To ensure success as a Data Quality Engineer, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques and experience in a similar role. A top-notch data quality engineer will be someone whose data analysis expertise results in reliable information for company executives.
What you will do:
- Perform data analysis on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity.
- Develop and implement test plans and scripts for various data quality processes.
- Collaborate with data engineers and data scientists to develop procedures to enhance the accuracy of our organisation's data.
- Build test cases to identify the outliers, data exceptions and code misses in the data.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in data quality analysis.
- Maintain manual and automated test scripts and recommending modification as per requirements.
- Adhere to best practices in data analysis and collection.
- Create data quality processes for the data layer
What you will need to have/know:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or an equivalent degree
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience and expertise of quality assurance in data analysis
- Experience in any one of the OLTP databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Having data warehouse skills - Snowflake, Google BigQuery would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python to perform data analysis on various datasets.
- Exceptional analytical skills and advanced problem-solving skills
- Work in a self-driven manner with multitasking abilities.
- Knowledge of best practices in data analysis and data testing.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to collaborate with others across cultures, locations, and time zones.
- Experience in agile and SCRUM processes
Skills that would be a plus:
- Exposure to cloud environments (AWS & GCP preferred)
- Experience in containerization concepts and hands-on experience with Docker