We are a dynamic team with great offices in Singapore, London, Bangkok, Jakarta and Sydney, serving our great customers worldwide. We’re expanding fast and are looking for a passionate and driven Data Engineer to join our global tech team in Singapore.
Here's What You Will Be Doing:
- We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of retail analytics experts and expected to be involved from inception of projects, understand requirements, architect, develop, deploy, and maintain data platform and/or data pipelines, which involves partnering with program and product managers to expand product offering based on business demands.
- Our goal is to drive up retail analytics and adoption of the platform while constantly working towards improving platform performance and scalability, deployment and maintenance require close interaction with various teams.
- Production support for applications is usually required for issues that cannot be resolved by the operations team. Creative and inventive problem-solving skills for reduced turnaround times are highly valued.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and other internal stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data pipeline infrastructure and data preparation needs.
- Preparing user documentation to maintain both development and operations continuity is integral to the role.
Here's What You Need To Have/Know:
- BE/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 - 6 years experience in data analytics environments
- Experience in data warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery and OLTP databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Hands-on experience in SQL, Python or Scala and Spark
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments (AWS & GCP preferred)
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Bitbucket
- Understanding of airflow, dagster or any kind of orchestration tools
- Extensive experience on distributed environment and scalable systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work well with others (across APAC and EMEA)
- Knowledge of and experience in automation technologies
Skills that would be a plus
- Basic understanding of containers technologies (like dockers, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to visualization technologies such as Tableau or Sisense
- Prior experience and knowledge on machine learning models deployment processes in AWS or any other cloud systems.
- Exposure to NoSQL platforms
What will you learn on the job?
- FMCG brands with granular market intelligence, targeted marketing automation and data-driven sales optimization, especially in independent trade channel that attracts majority of grocery shopping trips in the Asian markets.
- Data pipeline flow, which converts physical receipts to digital receipts and connect 100% of in-store transactions into any platform they use in real-time.
- Build a platform for data-driven growth in physical retail shops that enables large scale analytics and data science workflows.
- Exposure to massive retail of datasets and deal with some of the most exciting data & analytics challenges.